SMT pick and place machine throwing material refers to the above-mentioned throwing action that does not stick after absorbing the material in the production process of the SMT industry, throwing the material into the throwing box or other places, or performing the above throwing action without absorbing the material.
The loss of materials caused by throwing materials prolongs the production time, reduces the production efficiency and increases the production cost.
Material throwing of the pick and place machine is a common phenomenon in the operation of the pick and place machine, whether domestic or imported pick and place machines will have the phenomenon of material throwing. However, once the throwing rate is higher than the standard level, it means that the pick and place machine has failed, and it is necessary to find a way to solve it when the throwing rate is too high.
SMT industry recognized pick and place machine throwing standard
Class A material (IC class) is 0
Class B materials (transistor diodes) are 1‰
Class C material (Chip material) is 3‰
The common reasons for the abnormal material throwing of the pick and place machine mainly include: nozzle blockage, poor vision, incorrect feeding, lack of air pressure, wrong component parameters, bad components, and deformation of the feeder.
So how should we solve the problem of abnormal material throwing in daily production?
- Reason: The suction nozzle of the SMT pick and place machine is deformed, blocked, and damaged, resulting in lack of air pressure, air leakage, resulting in inability to absorb materials, incorrectly retrieving materials, and throwing materials because they cannot be identified.
- Countermeasures: Check, clean and replace the suction nozzle regularly.
- Reason: SMT pick and place machine has poor vision, the visual or laser lens is not cleaned, there are sundries that interfere with identification, the identification light source is improperly selected and the intensity and gray scale are not enough, and the identification system may be broken.
- Countermeasures: Clean and wipe the appearance of the identification system, keep it clean and free of sundries, etc., adjust the intensity and grayscale of the light source, and replace the identification system components.
- Reason: The pick and place machine is not in the center of the material, and the height of the pick-up is incorrect (generally, it is based on the 0.05mm press down after hitting zero) to form a deviation. The pick-up is not correct, and there is an offset. The data parameters do not match and are discarded by the identification system as invalid.
- Reason: The air pressure of the pick and place machine is insufficient, the vacuum air pipe channel is not smooth, there is a guide blocking the vacuum channel, or the vacuum leaks, resulting in insufficient air pressure and the material cannot be picked up or falls on the way to paste after picking up.
l Countermeasures: adjust the air pressure steep slope to the required air pressure value of the equipment (such as 0.5~0.6Mpa), clean the air pressure pipeline, and repair the leaking air path
- Reason: The parameter setting of the component in the modified SMT pick and place machine program is incorrect, and it does not match the parameters such as the size and brightness of the incoming material, resulting in identification failure and being thrown away.
- Countermeasures: modify the component parameters, and search for the best parameter settings of the component.
- Reason: The incoming materials of SMT chip components are irregular, and they are unqualified products such as pin oxidation.
Countermeasures: IQC does a good job in the inspection of incoming materials, and communicates with component suppliers about defective products.
- Reason: The position of the feeder of the pick and place machine is deformed, and the feeding of the feeder is poor (the ratchet gear of the feeder is damaged, the hole of the material belt is not stuck on the ratchet gear of the feeder, there are foreign objects under the feeder, the spring is aging, Or electrical failure), resulting in material failure or poor material removal, and damage to the feeder.
- Countermeasures: adjust the feeder, clean the feeder platform, replace damaged parts or feeders.